My Handsome Grandsons

Not long ago I created a double page LO, for a class, about my five beautiful grand-daughters which you can check out here. My eldest grandson was a little disappointed and said to his Mom, "What about me?" I had to reassure him that the next LO wold be about my grandsons.

I had in mind to create a class where we would create three single page LOs using Graphic 45's French Country. However, the schedule was changed and the class will now not take place, but I do happen to have one of the LOs completed; the one I promised my grandson. So here it is.


Since the LO is about boys, I thought roughening up the paper edges would give the LO not only a bit of a vintage look, but also a more masculine one as well. I used both the 8 x 8 pad and the 12 x 12 pad for this LO.


For this section, above, you can see the seam in the red diamond shapes. I had intended that the I would cut strips out of the fancy rooster diamond shaped paper. When I had completed fussy cutting out this strip as a single length piece, I saw the leftovers of this strip laying on my work surface and realized that they could be made into shapes by piecing them together as the patterns matched. So I used them as you see.


I have seen some LOs where ink was dripped down a page and liked the look. I used a water pen nib and wetting it I picked up ink from my Vintage Photo ink pad. Starting from under the diamond strips working downwards, I made some squiggly lines at various lengths. I think it makes it look like water damage make some ink run.


For this section of the LO I fussy cut the rooster, postcard and stamps from the 8 x 8 pad.

These next four photos show the LO lying flat from different sides so that you can see the layers, and such.





So there we have it, a roughened up vintage layout of my handsome grandsons. I think my eldest grandson will really like this layout. Thank you for checking in to have a look.

Happy papercrafting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful and very artful layout, great work and your grandsons are adorable!