Something New - DT Christmas Card Challenge #40

Today is another exciting challenge over at Christmas Card Challenge. This is the 40th challenge and we've been asked to use something new! Who doesn't get all excited about using something new! Of course you can still enter the challenge if you don't use something new, as long as you enter a Christmas card.

What new thing did I use? Impression Obsession's Pine Branch! I've wanted it for so long. It reminds me of some of the many European Christmas cards we would get on occasion while I grew up. I can hardly wait to use it again with green cardstock! So here is my card.


I stamped and white heat embossed the snowflake background and then added the silver embossed "Merry Christmas".


That part didn't turn out as planned since the stamp fell. But I wasn't going to make it all over again, so I left it as is. With a white ink pad I gently rubbed a little around the edges of the blue, and masked the frame to get a little on the inside of the frame. Bazzill Metallic Silver cardstock was used with Spellbinder's Labels Eight to make the frame and the Martha Stewart punched Jingle Bells.

Here are other views of the card.


And, of course Impression Obsession's Pine Branch die, my something new, was used in cutting the white pine branches.


I'm not sure if you can see that I put Star Dust Stickles all over the pine branches.


So that's it for this card. Next week will bring another fun challenge for us to work on. In the mean time have a look at the design team's DT inspirational designs over at Christmas Card Challenge #40 or click on their names blow to go to their blogs and check out their work.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner
Thank you so much for stopping by today to have a look at this weeks challenge design. Have a great week and happy papercrafting!
 

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is breathtaking. Everything all this creation is spectacular.