Birthday Gift Card Set



September 21st was my Mom's 77th birthday. She so loved the lantern paper from Graphic 45's Bird Song collection last year that I kept aside a 12 x 12 sheet in order to make her some cards with it. I finally got to it. I decided to make her little note cards (3 1/2" x 5 1/5"). So I 'fussy cut' all the lanterns I could from a 12 x 12. I had a few other leftover pieces that I used as well to make a total of eighteen cards.
 
As you can see, for some of the cards I used a piece of velum to tone down, just a little, the beautiful patterns on the paper so that the lanterns would stand out a bit better.

Here they are in smaller groups for a better look.







Because there are so many cards I didn't take any side view shots to show all the popped up lanterns, etc. It was a joy to make these for my Mom, and I'm pleased that she is happy with them.

I will add that making 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" cards is so fun. Because they are smaller, they are a little easier to create for. I only wish I had had the time to make a lovely box to hold them all.

Thank you for checking in to have a peek today.

3 comments:

mow180 said...

These cards are wonderful!

Sukie Cards said...

I have this paper and have been wondering what to do with it! Your Birthday Cards set is absolutely gorgeous. Would make some beautiful Chinese New Year cards.

Sukie Cards said...

Some of the most beautiful cards I have seen with this paper. Would make wonderful Chinese New Year cards as well.