Aug Christmas Card Club - More Vintage

-I'm real happy with how these turned out

Soon I'll be teaching July's Christmas Card Club class and need to have the August ones ready to show the class. These have just a touch of vintage to them.


The first one you see is fairly easy, except for all the ink distressing of every piece on this card. But then all three of the cards have every piece ink distressed!


 I die-cut the letters using My Favorite Things High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase. There are two of each with dimensionals between them. Here is a close up of the word 'Joy'.


I used my Spectrum Noir Maker DR7 to colour the white pearls to match the red in the paper better. And a side view to see the layers.


I can't decide if this next one is my favorite, or the last one! I like how they both turned out.


I used Cuttlebug's Holly Ribbons folder for the embossing, and was proud of the fact that my eye-balling was so good when I lined up the smaller fame piece and it fit perfectly into the pattern in the required position! For stamps I used Flourishes 'Forest of Trees' with VersaMark and white embossing powder onto Bazzill's Moody Blue Card Shoppe cardstock. Next came the VersaColor White ink pad as I distressed the edges wanting a frosted glass pane look.


I used my Cricut to cut the house with the 'Heritage' cartridge (House #2 @ 1") and cut off the extension on the left and popping it up on the front right. The snow is created with Studio Gesso and I cut a piece of red cardstock to 1/4" x 3/8" for the little tiny door.This I backed with Bazzill Gold Metallic cardstock to like like glowing windows at night.

The white trees are covered with Frosted Lace Stickles, and a few dots of it in the sky to make it look like it's snowing.

Here is a side view showing the layering of the card.


Hmmm...that white pearl seems to have moved a little too high. I may have to use a tiny dot of glue to keep it from moving around!

The last card has a mini little chalkboard piece that looks great on the card.


A lot of Spellbinder's are used on this card. Poinsettia, Labels Twenty-Eight, and 2010 Snowflake. I also used two Martha Stewart Punches; Floral Vine and Alpine Snowflake. Again, a lot of ink distressing using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo. Let's have a close-up look.


The chalkboard piece is heat embossed in white and edged in VersaColor White and has some white coloring pencil details given in the little snowflakes drawn on, and adding diagonal line between the two lines in the sentiment.

Here is a close up  of the little Poinsettias.


Since the leaves in this die set are much too large for the smaller Poinsettias, I die cut a larger poinsettia in green, and then cut it up separating the petals into leaves. All these are also edged in Vintage Photo ink. I shaped them with my fingers and after building them added Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls in the center.
And here are three other views showing how I placed the snowflake backed chalkboard at an angle on the card. One layer of dimensionals at the lower left corner to two layers on the lower right and upper left, to three and four layers of dimensionals in the upper right. I hope the photos clarify my description.




Well, that's it for these three Christmas Club cards. Hope you're getting inspired to start planning and creating your own Christmas cards if you haven't already done so.

Happy Papercrafting!


3 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

Love the middle night scene card!!! The others are lovely, too, of course.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all gorgeous, but the middle one is my favourite!

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my! The one with the poinsettias is absolutely STUNNING! :)