White on White - Christmas Challenge

-goody, I have time to enter a challenge!

I awoke early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. The thought came to me to use this time for some personal fun and enter a challenge. So I checked out a couple and felt drawn to the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge #27 - White on White.

And I surprised myself how quickly I was able to put this together! I'm a slow designer...hee hee.


I do have a confession to make. I should have left well enough alone, and not inked anything on the card. I layed it all out before attaching anything, as I usually do, and then thought maybe I could get just a hint of colour by inking lightly. I used the ink resist techinque with Tim Holtz Antique Linen on the sentiment, edged the Poinsettia petals with the same, and edged the leaves a little with Tim Holtz Old Paper. Well, I think it looked better without the inking.

I had great fun making the card though, and decided I have to make time to enter challenges again. I may have said that before....

Hope you have a great day, and are thinking about getting a head start on your Christmas cards too!





Tools & Supplies:
My Favorite Things Poinsettia Die-Namics
My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish Die-Namics
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads - Old Paper (leaves), Antique Linen (behind sentiment & on petals)

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely! Love the white on white!

Jenn said...

This is such a beautiful card, I love the flower dies you used! I'm glad you had a chance to join us at Christmas Card Challenges!