Summer Scenes Spectrum Noir Class

-you've already seen one of these cards entered for a challenge and will see the other two entered soon as well

As you know I was asked to take over the Spectrum Noir instruction where I teach classes. June is the last official 'how to use' class, and I thought we should continue with some more classes for expanding our experience and create more cards that involve colouring. So taking the theme of the Spectrum Noir June challenge of 'Summer', these are the three cards we'll be making in class.


All the cards for this class have the paper from My Mind's Eye Collectable 'Notable' set in the 6 x 6 pad version.

This first one I use a free vintage digital stamp I saved a couple of years ago. I changed it to gray scale so it wouldn't look like a colouring book image.


The sentiment stamp is from the MFT 'Sweet Roses' set. Here is a close up of the colouring,


And the inside of the card, which you'll know I rarely do, but with using more 6 x 6 pads now, I find I can use up the little bits instead of throwing them out.


For the second card, I again used a free vintage digital stamp I saved a couple of years ago. This is a scene with an old bench by two flowering vines/bushes.

For the rolled flowers, (MFT Rolled Flower Die-Namics) I took some of the Spectrum Noir marker colours used in the colouring of the image and brushed the edges with them. The sentiment is form the same stamp set as the previous card.

Here's an angled view of the card.


I didn't do anything on the inside of this card.

This third and last card you've already seen since I entered it into a couple of challenges just recently (here), and this one actually was stamped! I used Memento London Fog to stamp the lighthouse image from MFT Inspired by Lighthouses.


Here are a couple of details to look at too.


I'm getting pretty good at tying these sailor knots after having taught a Fathers Day card class where we tied on for a card there as well (here). And for the inside of the card...



I just used the bits that were left over. Worked out great.

Well I hope you enjoyed looking at the images we'll be colouring in class to make these cards with. Happy papercrafting!





These are the markers used for colouring.

CHILDREN PLAYING BY WATER
Skin: FS3, FS2, EB1, & FS6 for the cheeks
Girl's Hair: TN2, TN7, TN8
Girl's Dress: BT7, BT5, BT4
Girl's Apron & Bonnet: CT4, CT3, CT1
Boy's Hair: EB2, GB8, GB10
Boy's Shirt: DG4, CG2, CG1
Boy's Shorts: GB10, CG8
Boy's Neckerchief: BT5, BT4, BT2
Girl's Pail & Shovel: CR11, CR10, CR8, Blender
Rocks: EB7, EB2, EB1
Grass: DG4, DG3, CG2
Sand: TN2, GB8, EB2, EB1
Water: BT7, BT5, BT4, BT2, BT1, EB1, EB2
Boats: EB7, EB2, TN2, IG1, Blender

SUMMER BENCH
Bench: BG2, GB8, EB2, EB1
Earth: EB8, GB8, BG2, EB1
Vines & Grass: DG3, DG2, CG2
Blooms: DR3, PP5, GB5, CT4
Sky: TB1, BT1, blender

LIGHTHOUSE
Cliffs: BG6, EB7, BG2, EB2, EB1
Grass: DG4, DG2, CG1, EB1
Sky: TB1, BT1, and palette
Buildings: DR7, TN3, DR3, OR1, IG1, blender

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Again, these are fabulous, Mom! Love soft coloring effect and your layouts! Love the colors in the papers, too!