Christmas Card Challenge #30 - Inspirational Photo

-a beautiful inspirational photo for this challenge

Welcome everyone!

This is my first posting for the weekly Christmas Card Challenge. I'm excited to once again be on a DT, and working with the talented DT on the CCC blog.

When I saw this photo for the CCC #30, my first thought was, "How can I think of snow in the middle of June?" (plus it rarely snows here in Victoria, BC). But once I really looked and saw all the beautiful traditional colours and traditional things of Christmas, it inspired so many ideas to go with. This is what I ended up designing for this challenge.


This is the first time I tried to create a card that is a more literal depiction of an inspirational photo. But I loved the photo and thought how beautiful it would look on a Christmas card. So, why not make a scene like that of the photo. I used my Cricut to cut out the house, fence, and lamp post with the "Heritage" cartridge. And even though the May Arts Holly Ribbon is not to scale, I still like the overall look. I punched out some silver and red dots (ball ornaments) and stuck them on. The silver metallic ink from Color Box is used to stamp the sentiment from Woodware Craft Collection "Heartfelt Christmas Wish".

Here is the card again from some different angles so you can better see how it is constructed with all the layers.



Well, that's it for my inspirational DT submission. Hope you enjoy checking out the Christmas Card Challenge blog and all the DT inspirational cards.

Below are the links to checkout the DT's creations and descriptions of their creations. Hop on over to have a peek at their designs.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner

Happy Christmas card making!




4 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Sabrina. Congrats on your DT spot too. :)

Edna x

Alanna said...

This is beautiful Sabrina. Such a gorgeous take from the photo.

mow180 said...

Oh I love this one. It is so elegant>

Sylvia said...

Sabrina,

Very effective representation of the house in the Inspiration Photo. The Heritage Cartridge is one I would like to have. Great job!

Sylvia D
www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca