Canada Day Banner and Ribbon Wand

-living in a very blessed and beautiful country is something really worth celebrating

I've always loved Canada Day (and enjoyed Independence Day as well while living in the US for 11 years, too), so making a banner to celebrate is something I think would brighten up our festive celebrations.

This is a real quick and easy thing to throw together for your Canada Day celebrations at home or at your backyard BBQ and picnic. I used three My Favorite Things Die-Namics; Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Party Banner, & By The Letters Uppercase.


In the next photo I hope you can see the popped up layers.


You need more than a banner, right? So I thought it would be fun to make a ribbon wand too. Something that could have a multi purpose to it. It could go into a vase of flowers, and arrangement, stuck into a jar of white and red rocks, or stuck into a nice big cake, etc. It could also be taken to the fireworks show where each member of your family could wave it around, or just for each of the children/grandchildren. The really fun part is that rolling it back and forth quickly, makes the ribbons dance. One side is red, the other white as seen in the next two photos.



With Dana and her family coming for a visit at that time, I plan on having one for each grandchild, and they can take it home with them to have for future Canada Days. I can just see the three children waving them around. Sigh...a happy picture.

Thank you for checking in to have a peek.

Happy papercrafting!


1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Awwww! The kids'll love 'em!