Just In Time Mother's Day Cards

-we all have busy schedules and sometimes we have to put something together at the last minute

In May, not too long before Mother's Day, I'll be teaching a class where we'll be putting together some last minute Mother's Day cards, or make them into birthday cards if you already have your Mother's Day cards made. These are the three.


This will be my first class where we will be colouring with Spectrum Noir markers. I love the new avenue of creativity we now have at Scrapbook Parade with this additional technique.

OK, lets get into the nitty-gritty of each card.


I love how the daisy (MFT Inspired by Flowers #4) turned out. I used these Spectrum Noir markers: stem - DG2, DG3, DG4; Daisy petals - EB1, BGR1; Daisy center - CB5,CT3, CT1, & BT1 around the outside of the flower. The oval is Spellbinders Petite Large #5, and I used MFT's Leaf Filled Flourish Die-Namics.

Next is the flower filled square pink card.


It's 5" SQ, And I used the following Die-Namics from MFT: Upsy Daisy, Winter Rose, & Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo. All flowers have a thin dimensional between each layer. Here are some other views that may help with details.



For the final card, I did a little paper piecing as taught to me by Julie Dinn


Again I used Spellbinder's Petite Ovals (lrg & sm), MFT Die-Namics Rounded Banner, and MFT's Pure Innocence Birthday Girl. I thought she looked like a a cute girl wishing her Mom a Happy Mother's Day with the balloon cut away. The tiny butterflies are punched out using EK Success Paper Shapers Small Butterfly punch. And all the white dots/beads are applied using White Enamel Accents.

These are the Spectrum Noir Markers that I used: Skin -FS3, FS4, FS9, & CR3 for cheeks; Hair -EB1, TN1, TN3, & TN7; Shoes -EB1 & EB7. I tried to create a little shadow on her dress using EB1, but I need to practice that a bit.

Here are a couple other views of the card.



I'm looking forward to more colouring in our classes. Thank you for coming by for a quick look.

Till next time, Happy Papercrafting!





No comments: