More Butterfly Step Cards

-A special request from my Mom

After posting the pink butterfly Easter step card (here), my Mom asked if I might make the card again as birthday cards. She wanted four of them and suggested colours rather than the monochromatic approach. We discussed colours, and this is what we came up with. I love this coloured version too!


A close up -


An angled view -


And a side view -


I did have a little challenge in the making of these cards. I knew the beautiful pale yellow Bazzill cardstock was not sturdy enough to use on it's own, but would it work if I cut and scored both a cream cardstock and the pale yellow and then adhered them together with double sided adhesive before folding them? My concern was that with the folding the top yellow layer would end up being a tiny bit short. But it worked, thank goodness.

I'm happy to report that my Mother was very happy with them.

Thanks you so much for having a look at a remake of a previous card. Happy crafting everyone!

ADDED March 13, 2013

There is now a tutorial on this blog, here, with step by step instructions on creating the base of the double sided step card.






No comments: