Carta Bella WInter Fun II Layouts

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I missed my children and grandchildren, but had a  wonderful time with my parents. Now it's back to work and planning for the months ahead.

A while back I posted what Scrapbook Parade calls a "Double Double Layout Class" project using Carta Bella's Winter Fun paper collection. Here is the second Dbl Dbl LO posting for a class to be held at the end of January. I've had this in my drafts for a while and almost forgot to post it!


I love the corduroy covered brads from UpsyDaisy (no longer in business) whose colours just happen to match Winter Fun colours!



The center piece was punched using We R Memories Lucky 8 Punch and then ink distressed with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone ink. I drew the journaling lines on with a black journaling micro pen and a ruler. I love how the tied floss around the photos turned out.


I used some letter rub-ons (from UsyDaisy now retired) for the title of this LO.

Here is the second LO.


I had a lot of fun working with all the hexagon pieces I cut out. I played with their arrangement on the LO for a bit. Some are popped up with dimensionals while others aren't. But, wherever there is a photo tucked in under, none are glued down there allowing enough space to tuck the photo in underneath the piece.




Well, thank you for stopping by to check out these Double Double layouts. Hope you are inspired to put together some of your winter fun photos from this year, or years past. I just have to say one more time that I just love the colours of this paper collection. Don't you?

For those of you taking the class at Scrapbook Parade here in Victoria, the things to bring to class list is at the very end of this post.





This is what you will need for class:

-Paper trimmer (make sure your blade is sharp)
-scissors
-a pair of old scissors to protect your good ones
-pencil & eraser
-ruler
-quick dry glue
-pop dots
-repositional tape/removable tape
-1/4″ double side tape and any other double side adhesive
-TH Pumice Stone ink
-ink blending tool
-a rub-on tool or popcicle stick

No comments: