Echo Park ''Very Merry Christmas'' - The Last of the Christmas in July Series Class (#5)


At Scrapbook Parade we started a series of classes for Christmas in July and titled the series ''Christmas in July Series''. The goal was three card classes and two project classes. This posting is for the last of the series, our 5th class, on November 17th. It is a card class.

For these cards I used some of the paper from Echo Park's  ''Very Merry Christmas'' collection.


I had so many ideas for using this paper it was difficult to keep it down to 5, to keep it simple for class, and to make sure most were mailable! Any way, these are they, and as usual I have individual photos of each card for you to view.


On the Harlequin, or diamond, pattern I applied Star Dust Stickles on those diamonds that would show through the oval die cut in front. The same on the snowflake I cut out of one of the papers. On the brown Upsy Daisy brads I applied Ruby Slipper Stickles. I really like the green damask.

This next photo shows the same card form the side in hopes you can see all the layers.


Next we have the other of the two thickly layered cards.


This one features quite a bit of bling, Glossy Accents and paper piercing. Oh, and layers too. Again I cut out some snowflakes, and these ones I covered with Glossy Accents instead of Stickles.

This photo shows the layers...


...and this one a closer look at the paper piercing.


Next we have a quick and easy card using the papers without any popping up of layers.

You can't tell from the photo, but I have Star Dust Stickles on the tree lights and Glossy Accents on the tree ornaments. You can barely see the Star Dust Stickles around the frame of the tree, but you can see the line around on the green damask paper.

Next is one also has no popped up layers, but has a little more work involved.


I cut the little coloured snowflakes out of a narrow strip on the ''Journaling'' sheet and attached them to the square brown Upsy Daisy brads. They fit on so perfectly! Then I added a red jewel in the center of each. Out of the Bazzill Bitter Chocolate cardstock I die cut using Spellbinders Blossom Four and traced the inside edge of the die with a white dotted line, adding the same white dotted line around the red paper edges.I added the diagonal stripe strip and the ''Better Not Pout'' card. I brought out the text a bit by adding Glossy Accents on the text. Some letters more successfully than others, I might add.

Last is What I think is my favorite. I only used one of the journaling cards for this card and the rest is all white and red cardstock.


The folder used to emboss is Spellbinders M-Bossabilities ''Holiday Magic'' (EL-014). I love how it looks like wind blowing snowflakes around. On the Winter Wonderland journaling card I filled in the word Winter with Star Dust Stickles and added the red jewel in the 'o'. I especially like the snowball looking brads from Upsy Daisy. They are just right for this card.

So there you have the cards that are the last of this series of classes. We still have other Christmas card classes coming up , so keep an eye open for them.

Thank you so much for stopping by to have a peek, and hope you are inspired while making your Christmas cards.

For those of you attending this class, here is what you'll need to bring -



#5 Christmas In July Class-Cards
This is what you’ll need to bring to class:
-Paper trimmer

-scissors
-paper piercer and pad
-Stickles -Star Dust, Ruby Slippers or Xmas Red 
-ink of your choice and blending tool if you wish (not required)
-Glossy Accents
-double sided adhesive
-quick dry glue
-pop ups – thin & thick if you can
-white gel pen
-ruler
WHEN:  Saturday, November 17th
TIME:  9:30 – 12:30 OR 1:30 – 4:30
COST:  $30.00


Thank you again!






No comments: