Christmas Layouts - November Scrapbook Parade Class

I had a lot of fun quickly throwing this class together. I think that the fun came from the fact that I love Christmas and I had so many ideas for layouts I was thinking I might get a chance to make a few more and choose the best of them for classes. Didn't turn out that way. I had to go with the first three that I cranked out.

Any way, I'm happy to show you what we'll be making in class come November. There are 2 double layout and a single.


I didn't put any photos in these layouts, as I'll be waiting for Christmas photos from my 5 children and their celebrations, but you can see where they are to go.

I experimented with free-hand line drawing and had fun with it. I'm usually a use-the-ruler girl. I used the Martha Stewart Branch punch around the upper left and lower right photo circles to cover up non-Christmas words.  Another thing I rarely do is distress paper edges. I did it on the triangles I cut out to create the trees, and did the free-hand line drawing around their edges. Then using Glossy Accents and Stickles I filled in the circle patterns on the paper. Looks real good in real life.

To create the snow falling effect I used White Enamel Accents, and the brown-gray flourishes where die cut using Die-namics Fancy Flourish. here are some closeup photos for a better view of the details.

Too bad you can't better see the tree details with the Glossy Accents and Stickles. It really looks great!



The next layout for this class series looks great with the layers of banners to bring attention to the main photo of the layout (again to be added once I get this years photos).

I wanted to to have snowflake dies for the layout but wasn't looking forward to using the Spellbinders die for that many of them and for 12 layouts so I decided to use the AcuCut snowflakes instead of the beautiful lacy ones from Spellbinders. Boy, was I glad I did, because I could cut three layers at a time! and they look just fine too.


A few close ups -


I love the little journaling pocket I made using an old Christmas stamp purchased at a garage sale. I stamped it with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone ink, and used it to stencil the die cut. Then with Prisma Colour pencils filled in a few little details.


The final layout is a single, and I again used he Acucut snowflakes as well as Spellbinders Labels 20 Nestabillities (which I used above for the pocket as well).


I put Star Dust Sickles on the snowflakes this time as well as on the Labels 20 frames topped with White Enamel Accents. The punches used are Fiskars Apron Lace and Martha Stewart's Embroidery Deep Edge Border Punch, the latter being new at the store. Love it!

Here are the detail close ups.

I thought that a person could put photos side by side on the blog. I thought I had done it in the past...but it doesn't seem to want to do that, so scroll down to the next photos.



So there you have it. A look at an upcoming Christmas layout class, and maybe a little inspiration for yourself...cards or scrapbooking

Thank you so much for dropping by today to have a peek. Hope you're having a great day, and that you will have a little time for some fun in card making, crafting or scrapbooking.

Bye for now  and stop by again soon.















No comments: