My Own 2011 Top Eleven Favs - Sabrina

As promised, I'm back to review my own designs and show you my top ten favs. Well, I couldn't narrow it down to 10. Eleven was hard enough!! I think because there is a part of me in a lot of my designs, I get more attached to them. As with my favotites of Dana's, these are not in any particular order.

1)

I love this card; I just wish I had used a light background for the photo! But the cute little mouse is just adorable and has a special meaning to me. I love how this card turned out with different grays and a hint of pink. (see card details here)

2)

For me the delight of this card is not only the soft colours, but the light and airy feeling you get when you look at it. I'd love to get more coloured velum, but that has to wait for now. (see card details here)

3)

 I still like to pull this out and look at it every so often. Is it OK to say that I do it because I'm just so pleased with it? (see scrapbook page details here)

4)

Did I mention before how much colour is important to me? Well, I love how the colours work together in this card as well as the simple layout. Also the added punch with using Liquid Pearls helped to make the card; another of my favorite things to use. (see card details here)

5)

This design was entered for a couple of challenges and has remained one of my favorites for colour, softness, and the layout. And probably because I was thinking of how much I missed my daughters at the time I made it. (see card details here)

6)

This very elaborate Christmas Advent Explosion Box was made for my parents.  I guess because I made it with love for them, it is one of my favorites. (see project details& photos here)

 7)

The colours of this project I find quite appealing, and I had so much fun making it. Especially since the photos of are myself when I was about 18 months old, and I love using Spellbinders, which I used plenty of in this project. (see project details & more photos & close ups here)

 8)
When I combined two challenges in the making of this card, I hadn't expected it to be a favorite! But I love beautiful papers, and the workings of colour. It wasn't until I completed this card that I was amazed at the result and fell in love. (see details here)

9)

Another challenge entry that drew me for the sketch and my love of papers; in this case My Mind's Eye papers. Then there are the photos of my twin sisters and I, when we were quite young that make this one a favorite too. (see details & close ups here)

10)

Because this is based on one of my favorite designers card for a challenge, and the fact that it is still fairly new, I'm still a little partial to this card. (see details here)

11)

 Also a recent project, and one I think turned out well. I'm not usually a 'Kraft' person, but every so often I use it when creativity moves me to it or I'm looking for a colour that only Kraft can match. I'm happy about this gift set. (see project details & more photos here) 

 So, that's it for my 2011 favorites. I'm still tempted to add a few more, but will leave it as it is. I look forward to a new year of creativity, and wonder what we will come up with for 2012 favorites. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments. We always love to hear from you. It encourages me to check out your latest creations. Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Sabrina! What a gorgeous collection of projects! Thanks for sharing them! Happy New Year!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hi Sabrina,
What a wonderful collection of art. I love every single card. You have such an eye for color and design!
Thanks so much for sharing your work, and happy new year to you!
Yvonne.

The Paper Parade said...

So much beauty to showcase! I love that butterfly card, and the colors in the missing you card the best I think. Thanks for sharing!