Featuring the Paper - Another Gift Set

Sometimes you come across such gorgeous paper, that it has to be the star of the design. That is what I did to create this 16 card set as a Christmas gift for my Mom. Plus, making the paper the star of the show, the job so much easier, ;).

A couple of months ago I came across some gorgeous designer paper from K & Company-Brenda Walton's Flora & Fauna - that  caught me eye. It had been reduced in price, too, since there was some damage done to the pad of paper. I ended up making 4 cards per the four papers that I chose form the pad. Here are the four sets tied up together.


And here is each set  in their container.


You'll note that whatever is lying down in these photos, rather than standing up, doesn't have a true respresentaton of colour due to lighting at a different angle than for those standing up. Now, instead of taking a photo of each card individually, I've taken one photo of each set of 4 cards that make up the whole set.


So there you have it. 16 easy 5 1/2" square cards, made in a day, by focusing on the paper. I used Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, the same one for all cards, and placed it where it didn't take away from the paper. I used the same stamp for them all, "Just For You" because inside you can say - on your Birthday, to Thank You, because I love you, to Congratulate you, with best wishes, with Get Well wishes, etc. In other words, an All Purpose card!

I tried to chose papers that would appeal to a variety of tastes in style. Some even work for masculine cards if need be, but still have a Victoria, BC flair to them.

Hope Mom likes them!

It was so nice of you to stop by and... have yourself a very Merry Christmas. ;)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely gift! Great idea to create all the projects with different pattern paper! ;o)