"What A Sweetie" Early Years Pics

This page I'm much happier about. I've noticed that I have a tendancy to want to fill up the space and embellish it. I seem to have a problem leaving negative space. I'm trying to work on that and that's probably why my design mojo is off kilter sometimes. But as I said earlier, I'm happier about this one even though the negative space is covered with embelishment.
I think I should have either shown less of the Fleur de Lis border or left it off entirely. I wanted to add more of the cream/ivory color to the layout - more contrast. I may have over done the Spellbinder Daisy Heads too, but I like them.
Here are some close ups.

So there you have it. You can see that I used a corner punch around the patterned circle piece. And once again I used Liquid Pearls. I'm definately a fan of the stuff and find myself reaching for them often. I also like using buttons and Spellbinders and wish I could add more to my meager Spellbinder collection. I'd love to have the Grands too, as that would be a great asset for both cardmaking and scrapbooking. Wouldn't it be great to not have to work, stay home and just craft away? Too bad one can't make a good living with it. Well thanks for stopping by again today. Happy crafting to you all.

Tools & Supplies

Punches: Martha Stewart Leaf Branch & Layered Arches Border & Corner Punches
Spellbinders: Daisy Heads, Flur de Lis Border, Labels Fourteen
Ink: Versa Fine Vintage Sepia & Adirondack Expresso pen
Liquid Pearls: Petal Pink
Rangers Ink Blending Tool & Foam
PTI Buttons

3 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

I do like negative space but wouldn't want to throw off your mojo!
P.S. I've decided that my kids are more attractive than yours!! lol!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful keepsake!!!

babar said...

The design of your picture frame is fantastic,good to see your memorable pictures.
plastic discount card
PVC cards