Playing in Paradise Sketch

This week's Playing in Paradise sketch challenge is done with 20 minutes to spare!

I just couldn't pass up this sketch! It's fabulous, Allison!


I didn't have any particular ideas in mind except to use my Half & Half dies and a Christmas theme. Since I was in a rush, and these papers were still out from this project, I went with a rustic Christmas theme.


Nothing says rustic like the dirty front porch in the background!! ;)

I was in too big of a rush and my embellishment vs. sentiment distribution didn't really work out. Oh well!  Love the colors, though!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Kraft
  • Patterned Paper: (Pink Paislee)
  • Stamps: Holly Jolly
  • Ink: Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Tattered Banners (Tim Holtz Sizzix), Half & Half, Holly Jolly
  • Other Tools: rustic jute twine, Burgundy Stickles (Ranger)

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

I didn't realize you were talking about your porch until you said porch, I think your projects is wonderfully rustic and oh so beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

Love, love, love that paper esp. with all those sponged edges! So delicate for Christmas...swoon! Great job on the sketch...thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, dana, i LOVE the colors and papers you used on this sweet card! i'm so gonna case this one:)