PTI Make It Monday

Papertrey Ink first announced Make It Monday on their 3rd Anniversary celebration (last year) here. Unfortunately, due to website conversion issues, they were unable to go ahead with it. During this year's 4th Anniversary celebration, it was announced that they will be going ahead with Make It Monday, despite the fact that their new website is not yet up and running.

The challenge is to make a Go-To Sentiment card as demonstrated by Erin Lincoln in the video (post linked above).  I immediately drew a sketch (based off of my card here) with a specific color combo in mind, though as I finally sat down to create my card, it changed here and there... Here is what I came up with:


I used a Smokey Shadow card base, some Happy Spots patterned paper and Lavender Moon Swiss Dot ribbon to make this birthday card for a friend. The patterned paper and ribbon look much more similar in person.

First, I impressed the base with By the Numbers. To stamp the sentiments, I laid them out on a grid pattern and then placed my block over all of them at once. I inked them up with Smokey Shadow and only had to stamp once (on Soft Stone cardstock) to create my background.

I added a strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock and then a layer of Happy Spots cut with the Victorian Lace border die. I added some mini paper roses I found on sale at Michaels, which remind me of the new Royal Velvet color collection being released at Papertrey this month. I made the fluffy, two-looped bow using my Bow Easy.

It wouldn't be a post from myself unless I critiqued my efforts somewhat... Looking at the card now, I believe I should have inked the edges of the Soft Stone cardstock with the Smokey Shadow ink... Maybe "popped" one of the sentiments out by using a purple ink... What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone
  • Patterned Paper: Happy Spots
  • Stamps: Birthday Basics, Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Ink: Smokey Shadow
  • Impression Plate: By the Numbers
  • Die: Victorian Lace border
  • Other Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Bow Easy (Posi-Bendr)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wonderful technique to using all those sentiments! You've been buisy again.

Unknown said...

I love how you stamped the the sentiments on this card, with the highlights being the flowers. Great job!