Papertrey Playhouse: Stamped Background

The first challenge of the year is up at Papertrey Playhouse! Adele has asked us to get creative with stamped backgrounds. I decided to be daring and try something new for me.


I stamped a background pattern from Asian Fusion on to a section of vellum in Berry Sorbet. Then I used the tiny solid flower stamp to cover over the solid flowers with Pure Poppy. Using ink blending foam, I inked the edges and corners with the Pure Poppy, though it blended with the Berry Sorbet to make a lighter color.

After the vellum was dry (next day), I flipped it over and adhered it some white cardstock. Attached some gorgeous flowery tulle (discovery from Laurie Willison) across the front and pasted the whole thing to a Pure Poppy card base.

The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages, stamped in Pure Poppy on a Tiny Tag (Cuttlebug die), heat embossed with clear powder and edge-inked with Berry Sorbet. Threw on some silk ribbon and adhered to the card.

This card is different for me; I'm still on the bench about it.


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select, Vellum
  • Stamps: Asian Fusion, Mega Mixed Messages
  • Ink: Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet
  • Ribbon: Bloomer's Deluxe Card (Webster's Pages) (gray), 1/4" wide silk (creamy-white)
  • Die: Tiny Tags (Cuttlebug)
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder

4 comments:

Dana said...

I like the blended ink on this one! And a pretty color combo too.

Deb said...

Love the color combo on this!! And I love that flowery ribbon. Great job!!

Kirsty said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty! I love how the vellum looks!

Adele Fowler said...

so pretty!! love the ribbon :)