Stamping Vacation DT: Embellish It Challenge

The following card was designed for Stamping Vacation's Embellish It Challenge this month in which we had to use a leaf. It turned out differently than I intended but I'm not sure if that's good or bad.


My inspiration for this card came from Nichole Heady's blog, Capture the Moment, during her August release post for Leaf Prints. The specific pic is here.

This birthday card is for my maternal grandmother's birthday coming up. I started by stitching 3 different patterned papers together. Word of advice when doing this, do it with a piece of cardstock behind it to keep it stabilized. I didn't have too much trouble despite forgetting that tip, but the sheets tended to "unmeld" which loosened the stitching.

I ended up matting this improvised patterned paper to dark brown cardstock and then stitched on some felt die-cut leaves. This whole front piece was adhered to a rustic cream card base. Some of this same cardstock was used for the sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's Through the Trees, which I popped up sort of under the leaves.

I love the fall!

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate
  • Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti, Pretty Pastels, Bitty Box Basics
  • Stamps: Through the Trees
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate
  • Felt: Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse
  • Dies: Fall Leaves (Cuttlebug/Provo Craft)
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/cream thread

1 comment:

Dana said...

I just love the home-y feeling this card has. The colors and patterns give such a comfy feel. Love it!