Play Date Cafe Challenge 48 and Card Patterns Sketch 83 Challenge

Since drafting this post, due to circumstances I was unable to get the photo taken in time to enter the PDCC 48 challenge. I'm very disappointed about that, But I can still enter it for the Card Patterns Sketch 83 challenge.
 *******************
I've found the time to enter another challenge! Well, let's say combined challenges.



When I was browsing through the current challenges I came across PDCC48 and was so very drawn to the colors in the inspirational photo.To me it invoked the spirit of Scandinavian simplicity and colors. Since I have a hard time keeping my creations simple, I recently made myself a goal to work on simplicity; not to use bows on every card; keep my layers and pop-ups to a minimum; and so on. These colors and photo reminded me of this goal, so I knew I had to participate in this one.

As I continued to check out other challenges, I came across Card Patterns Sketch 83, which immediately made me think of the PDCC challenge. The simplicity of the design layout was perfect to combine with PDCC48! I used the sketch quite literally with the exception of turning it to it's side.


I'm not 100% happy with my entry, as the silver embossing idea may not have been a great idea when the stamp text (Live, Laugh, Love) is very fine and a negative space in the stamp. Plus some of the fine circle lines did not appear either. Then to top it off the smaller set of circles I placed inside, I did not get it exactly where I wanted it to be. I wanted it to be a little lower and a bit more to the right. It's a little off, but due to time available to me, I opted to not redo it and enter it as it is.

I couldn't resist at least popping up the navy circle, however, and I feel that it will still be mailable though.

*********************

Since the initial drafting of this post, I used the scraps from the entry card to make a  2nd card. I'm not sure which one I prefer.




TOOLS

STAMPS: Kelly Panacci - 360 Degrees &; Technique Tuesday - Borderline Vintage Lace
INK: Versa Mark & silver embossing powder & Versa Magic Night Sky
SPELLBINDERS: Standard Circles - Small #4
Silver gel pen

2 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Isn't this color combo just scrumptious! I LOVE those vintage lace borders and embossed, nesting circles on the first card! Beautiful job!

Heather Rogers said...

CAS..fantastic! Thanks for playing this week at Card Patterns. :)