OCC Sketch Challenge 32 - by Sabrina

I finally had a little time to check out the challenges that are currently out there and was surprised that this would be OCC's last one until the new year. I had just posted a card 3 days earlier that met the challenge requirements. I'm hoping that this will not disqualify my entry. Here is OCC's sketch -

And below is my submission that I posted on September 6th. This card was easy to design as  I used the design of the paper to influence the creation of this card. As there are several other Christmas cards displayed on the same post, I'm creating a separate post for just this card.

I love the non-traditional colors for this paper/card. There is the use of both silver and gold foil on this paper depending on what section is being used. I chose silver foil cardstock for this piece. The snowflake is a leftover cut out on the Cricut last Christmas. I outlined it using both a silver gel pen and the GellyRoll Clearstar pen and added a aqua colored button. Tucked into the white bow, I attached some white cedar-like branches cut out using a Martha Stewart punch.  Since I didn't have a square envelope I created a matching handmade envelope using DCWV's 2009 Holiday Stack, keeping the white on the outside and the pattern of the paper in the inside.

.

1 comment:

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the color combo. Nice and chilly. Love the ribbon and accents!