Hive Creative Challenge: Happy Fall (2)

Here's another card for the Hive Creative Challenge here! If you decide to join the Hive, remember to "Like" my post! ;)


Burlap goes perfectly with this season!

I started with the scraps from this project here and cut out a Dark Chocolate cardstock mat and a matching size of burlap. I took out some of the edge threads to get a frayed look. I sewed the burlap to the mat and then adhered each of the felt pieces with Scor-Tape. I suppose I could've used a Xyron for the felt but was concerned with residual stickiness within the leaf cutouts. I also just realized I could've sewn them to the mat... That would've been fabulous, though difficult...

I then punched a hole for the sentiment tag with my Big Bite and attached the tag with an eyelet. You can see the card base (Orange Zest) showing through! The sentiment tag was cut out using Cuttlebug Tiny Tags and I inked the edges with Dark Chocolate ink. The sentiment itself is from 2009 Autumn Tags (Papertrey Ink, of course!)

I used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink to ink the edges of the Orange Zest card base and then adhered the entire front mat.

The envelope was lined using a die and patterned paper from Autumn Abundance.

Thanks for visiting!

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Kraft (unknown brand)
  • Patterned Paper: Autumn Abundance
  • Stamps: 2009 Autumn Tags
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate, Walnut Stain (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Felt: Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold
  • Dies: Tiny Tags (Cuttlebug), Fall Leaves (Cuttlebug), A2 Envelope Liner
  • Other Supplies/Tools: burlap (unknown source), sewing machine (Viking), Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww this is nice, lovely colours too xxx