ATC Glimmer Challenge 3: Dana's Inspiration

I really love the collage that my mother came up with for the ATC Glimmer Challenge 3. My favorite pic in it was the bottom center one, but this card ended up using the pictures from top left, middle left and middle right; the ornately patina-ed items.



I'm not at peace with this creation. It's not my usual style; very outside the box for me. It reminds me of my maternal grandparents, who really enjoy the french baroque style. But I only had last evening to come up with this and when I saw the card shape and frame on the Sentimentals Cricut cartridge, I went with it.

The card base was made with Recollections cardstock, a little flimsier than I typically deal with, but I knew this color would do well with the Glimmermist. I used Patina (no kidding) and Fall Breeze Glimmer Mists to patina the card and top frame layer.


The frame shadow was cut out on nice bronze colored cardstock, inked using Oasis Green (VersaMagic) and edged with Ocean Depth (VersaMagic). I then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Textile folder, which really added that missing "oomph."

The top frame layer was threaded with slim matching ribbon and some pearls were added for more dimension and effect. The "charm" is a Tim Holtz idea-ology Foliage piece. The color doesn't entirely match but I'm fine with it.

The center oval is Vintage Cream cardstock inked with Weathered Wood Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The image is from Damask Designs and is done in the same ink. I wanted it to look vintage and it worked out well. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages and was done in Ocean Depth (VersaMagic) ink and it doesn't quite stand out enough. I tried adding Clear Spica pen and, while I like the effect, it isn't very noticeable. Oh well.

{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: goldy (Recollections, coppery (The Paper Company), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
  • Ink: Weathered Wood (Tim Holtz Distress Ink), Ocean Depth (VersaMagic), Oasis Green (VersaMagic)
  • Other tools: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft), Cricut cartridge: Sentimentals (Provo Craft), ribbon (generic), pearls (generic), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Textile embossing folder (Provo Craft), ink blending foam (Inkssentials), Patina and Fall Breeze Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels)

1 comment:

Karen McAlpine said...

Outside of the box is good! I love this. The shape is fab! Also love your leaf DT card over at SV. Have a super day!