Happy Birthday: Bake Me a Cake with Cherries!

I'm super excited about this project! I made the cutest little cake with cherries using Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake stamp set! (Remember that you can zoom in on the pictures by clicking on them...)


Here is a close up of the cake detail... Aren't those popped up cherries adorable!


I started by stamping the cake layers on Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms patterned paper. I positioned the stamps so that the lower edge of the cake layer would be along the tiny red scallops and then cut them out. Another way to do this would be to use tiny scalloped scissors. The cake tray is stamped on white and shaded with a T1 Copic marker (you can't tell on the picture since I had to "photoshop" shadows...).

Before adhering all the layers to the card, I heat embossed the candles and sentiment in white. After adhering all the layers, I stamped the adorable little cherries on each level. I also stamped the cherries on some Pure Poppy cardstock and cut out the berry part. I pop-dotted each cherry to the cake, added a little white gel pen to make them "shiny" and voila! An adorable birthday card for man or woman!

{Supplies -- all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select, black card base (Recollections)
  • Patterned Paper: Beautiful Bloom
  • Stamps: Bake Me a Cake (Lawn Fawn)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
  • Other tools: white embossing powder, white gel pen, T1 Copic marker

No comments: