Embellishment Magazine Challenge


As it happens my youngest daughter loves this color scheme, and she is turning 22 in July. So, of course, I could not pass up this opportunity to make a birthday card for her and submit it for the Embellishment Magazine Color Challenge. 

I used PTI paper, except for the Kraft paper-Martha Stewart corner punch-PTI Pure Poppy ink-Brilliance Graphite Black ink and heat embossed with Stamp Stuff clear embossing powder-Flourishes Poppy Patch clear stamps- Hero Arts Birthday Sayings clear stamps.

I cut out the poppies and attached them to the card using different thicknesses of dimensional tape to pop up the poppies at different heights, and the last one I applied on top of the polk-a-dot ribbon. The 'have a fabulous birthday' I took and gently curved it on the clear stamp block to come up from the bow knot and button to curve around the poppies. The last thing I did was to place a red pearl in each punched corner and a tiny red pearl on the dot of the "I" in birthday.'

I think my daughter will be thrilled with this card. I've never considered using kraft paper with white, red, and black before. Thank you for stretching my imagination!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and elegant card, I think it is perfect for a 22 year old woman.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Traveling Mama said...

This is so simple and sweet! I love the added sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish!

Angela Mclean said...

The popy stamping is WONDERFUL!
Angela xxx

Jessica said...

This is a gorgeous card!!! Love the poppy outline image it makes it look very delicate and elegant :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

How pretty! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us!