A Birthday Card for the Military Man

This card is for my brother-in-law who joined the military.

I masked a Tim Holtz barbed wire border along the top and bottom using his Black Soot Distress Ink. After darkening the whole card, I realized I should have done one down the middle as well. It's kind of difficult to notice it anyway, though.

I had quite a bit of difficulty using these Tim Holtz border masks. On a previous card, it ripped the paper when I peeled it off. Thinking it an isolated incident since I hadn't had a problem with the previous mask I used, I was surprised when my camo mat was shredded... I removed all the adhesive when removing all the paper stuck to it so when trying it again, I had to secure it by taping the mask down on either side of the card. Not ideal, but it worked.

The sentiment--a birthday phrase from Faux Ribbon--was stamped on kraft cardstock using Versamark and heat embossed using clear powder on Long Rectangles Spellbinders. Leaving the frame on, I used the Black Soot ink over the rectangle centers. I also inked the edges and then pop dotted the two together and on the card.

I pierced the mat in the upper left and bottom right corners and applied the brads. Mat was adhered to the card et voila!

No comments: