Mother

This is the card I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. Yes, it's not until May, but I never know how busy I will be, and had some time to think ahead and make something for her. I love my Mom. She is a unique woman who has withstood many difficulties thoroughout her life especially as a child growing up in East Germany during WWII. She always thought of her three girls, and did the best she could in teaching us and preparing us to live good lives. She is a perfectionist, which was hard for me to understand at times while growing up, but I learned so very much at her feet. She is a good woman, one I can only to aspire to.

A couple of things I would do differently if I made this card again. I would heat emboss "Mother" to make it slightly darker and stand out a bit more, and I would stamp the flowers on the cream paper differently. I would stamp it on scrap paper initially to lighten the ink and then on the actual project so the flowers and leaves would be faded slightly. But other than that, I am very pleased with the card and the colours I chose.

You can't tell from the photo, but the top two layers of paper, I cut the ovals out using Spellbinder's ovals and mounted them with pop-dots with the ivory being recessed back and each layer built up.

No comments: